Home Mayor & Council Administration Boards Commissions Departments Emergency Services Recreation Links Community

site search by freefind


Shrewsbury Voting District Map


Landlord Application


New Business License Forms


Business License Renewal form


Food License Renewal


Public Auction /Private Sale Application


Raffle Application


Application for Certified Copies of  Vital Statistics (Marriage,birth, death)




Facilities Use Form


Vending Machine License Renewal


Annual Limo License Application


New Cat & Dog Application


Rabies Vaccination Exemption Certificate


Canvassing Permit Form - Tax Exempt Org.


Volunteer Form


Voter Registration Application



Clerk/Registrar: Kathleen P. Krueger, RMC, CMR  ..........................732.741.4200 .ext. 107
To contact the Borough Clerk click here

Deputy Clerk/Deputy Registrar: Bonnie Brookes, CMR................ext. 108
To contact the Deputy Borough Clerk
 click here

Assistant:  Karen Lloyd, ext. 109


Monday thru Friday – 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM


Summer Hours:

Monday thru Thursday – 8:00AM to 4:00 PM

Friday – 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM

The Municipal Clerk’s Office handles a wide range of services, including but not limited to the following:

New Rules for Sickles Tennis Courts/Badge Info (click to view)


Walk-in Vaccine Clinic Monmouth County SPCA

Hours: every Friday 10:30-2:00 PM, in the Community Room at 260 Wall Street, Eatontown. No appointment needed. Cats & Dogs only please!

Rabies Vaccine • Distemper Vaccine • Bordetella • Lyme: $28 each
Heartworm Test: $30
FELV/FIV Test: $40
Microchip: $20

For more information click here Monmouth County SPCA

NJ Animal Population Control Program

The NJ Department of Health & Senior Services offers a quarterly program available only to people who show proof of adoption through an eligible NJ shelter, or who are on a public assistance program. There is limited funding available for this program. For more information, visit their website.

Registrar of Vital Statistics

To request a certified copy of a marriage, birth or death certificate:

Please note that certified copies of your marriage license are not automatically issued, you need to request them.

INSTRUCTIONS:   Please fill out the Application for a Certification or a Certified Copy of a Vital Record form.  Please note this form can be used to obtain different vital records, you will need to fill in the applicant portion and the areas on the form that relate to the vital record you are requesting.  You can either mail the required information or drop the information off along with a check for $10.00 per requested copy made payable to the Borough of Shrewsbury.  Our address is as follows:


Borough of Shrewsbury

419 Sycamore Avenue

Shrewsbury, NJ  07702

Please enclose either a copy (front and back) of your valid photo driver's license or a valid non-photo driver's license with an alternative form of ID with your current address.  If you do not have a driver's license, you will need to provide two alternative forms of ID - one of which must have your current address.

Acceptable alternative forms of ID include:  Valid vehicle registration, vehicle insurance card, voter registration, passport, green card, county ID, or school ID.  A utility bill or bank statement from within the last 90 days or a tax return from the current or previous year.

In some situations, other documentation may be needed to prove relations.

Our fax number is (732) 741-6549 if you should need it.  Certified copies will not be released until all required documents and payment is received in the Registrar’s office.

Thank You.

Where should you apply for a marriage license?

  • If the bride is a resident of New Jersey, the marriage license must be obtained from the Registrar of Vital Statistics in the municipality where she lives.
  • If she is a non-resident of New Jersey and the groom is a resident of New Jersey, the license must be obtained from the Registrar in the municipality in which the groom resides. A license issued under either of the preceding circumstances is good for use anywhere in New Jersey.
  • If both the bride and groom are non-residents of New Jersey, the license must be obtained from the Registrar of the municipality where the marriage is to be performed and is only good for use in that municipality.
  • A license may never be used outside of New Jersey and a license issued in another state may never be used in New Jersey.
  • Be sure to contact the Registrar well in advance of the wedding to find out on what days and during what hours the Registrar will be available to take your application by APPOINTMENT. The license fee is $28.00. ($25.00 of which goes to the State of New Jersey ).

When should you apply for a marriage license?

A local Registrar can not issue a marriage license sooner than 72 hours after the application for a marriage license has been made, unless ordered to do so via an appropriate court order.
If the marriage is scheduled for a Sunday, the application should be made no later than the preceding Tuesday. If the application is made on a Wednesday or Thursday, the 72 hours will end on Saturday or Sunday, and the Registrar will not be available on those days or any public holiday.
Once the marriage license is issued, it is good for 30 days from the date of issuance.

Who can perform a marriage ceremony?

According to a new state law, judges of a Federal District Court, United States magistrates, judges of a Municipal Court, judges of the Superior Court, judges of a Tax Court, retired judges of the Superior Court or Tax Court or judge of the Superior Court or Tax Court who has resigned in good standing, and any mayor/deputy mayor or chairman of any township committee, village president of New Jersey, County Clerks, and every minister of every religion may solemnize a marriage.

What should you bring with you when you apply?

If one or both of the applicants are divorced, you should both bring copies of the final decree for examination by the Registrar or a statement by the judge as to when the final decree was signed (not the date of the final hearing).

Both the bride and groom should bring their drivers license and a bill (utility bill, credit card bill, etc.) showing their current addresses.

Consent of both parents is necessary if an applicant is under 18 years of age. Both parental consents and judicial approval of such consents are necessary if the applicant is younger than 16 years of age. These consents should be on forms supplied by the Registrar.

Where should the marriage record be filed?

The person performing a marriage ceremony must file (send) the license (signed and dated) with the Registrar of the municipality in which the marriage was performed. Since failure to record the marriage may cause considerable inconvenience later, when proof of marriage is needed, you should make sure that this has been done.

Back to Top

Dog and Cat License

All dogs and cats in the Borough of Shrewsbury must be licensed each year. The deadline is January 31. Please Note: All rabies inoculation certificates must show duration of immunity at least until November 1 by state law, complete a license form and return it to the Municipal Clerks office with a self-addressed stamped envelope and a check. We will return your documents and license immediately.

The fees for Dogs is $12.00 if neutered/spayed and $15.00 if not neutered; Cats are $10.00 if neutered and $13.00 if not neutered.

IMPORTANT NOTICE!: An ordinance has been adopted requiring the payment of a $5 late fee per month for each license renewed after the January 31st deadline.

Back to Top

Business and Food Licenses:

Fill out an application form Fill out an application form
Provide a check for $100.00 made payable to the Borough of Shrewsbury Provide a check made payable to the Borough of Shrewsbury; amount based on seating capacity of the market or restaurant
To open a NEW Business, you must also receive permission from the Zoning Officer and Fire Marshal; both are located in the Construction Office.  

You must obtain an inspection from the Board of Health
Food licenses are renewable January 1st each year.

If you are selling any type food or consumable goods, you must also obtain a food license
Business & vending machine licenses are renewed each year in June

Back to Top

Solicitors and Canvassers

In the Borough of Shrewsbury, please be aware that charitable nonprofit organizations are exempt from payment of license fees provided they can comply with the following:
  • Supply a copy of Tax Exempt Status (on government letterhead).
  • Supply a copy of the by-laws (of your organization).
  • List names of all volunteers who will canvass/solicit in the Borough of Shrewsbury.
  • Supply a copy of the last complete Financial Statement of the organization.

For profit organization must obtain a business license in order to solicit in the Borough of Shrewsbury.

Back to Top

Elections and Voting Districts

  • June: Primary Election Polls Open from 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM ; you may only vote democratic or republican.
  • November: General Election Polls Open from 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM

School Board Elections are held in April, Polls Open from 2:00 PM to 9:00 PM; election date to be determined

Voting Districts
Shrewsbury Borough has three (3) voting districts. Districts 1 & 3 are located at the Shrewsbury Hose Co. No. 1 Firehouse located on Route 35/ Broad Street. District 2 is located at the First Aid Squad building on Haddon Avenue.
Voter Registration
Pick up a "mail-in" voters registration form at the Borough Clerk's Office, no postage needed. Make sure the Registration is postmarked on the twenty ninth day preceding any Primary or General Election.
Absentee Ballot Application
Pick up an Absentee Ballot Application at the Borough Clerk's Office. Complete the application in full, sign it and mail the application to the Office of County Clerk, Market Yard, PO Box 1251, Freehold, NJ 07728. The County Clerk will send you an Absentee Ballot. In order for your vote to count, the County Board of Elections must receive your ballot before the close of the polls on Election Day.
For further information about elections visit http://www.nj.gov/state/elections/


Monmouth County NEW Legislative Districts

(as of April 3, 2011)


11th District

Allenhurst, Asbury Park, Colts Neck, Deal, Eatontown, Freehold Borough, Freehold Township, Interlaken, Loch Arbour, Long Branch, Neptune City, Neptune Township, Ocean Township, Red Bank, Shrewsbury Borough, Shrewsbury Township, Tinton Falls, West Long Branch


Back to Top

Site design by WebPrezence as a community service


You are visitor no:

site weekly hits
Netflix Free Trial